It was a good thing I got out of Edinburgh yesterday because the bridge over the Firth was closed to pedestrians and cyclists today!
My route took me through Old Scone, Blairgowrie & Rattray, and then the first of several climbs to Bridge of Cally (elevation approx 500ft). Continued on climbing into the moors to Spittal of Glemshee (elevation approx 1,250ft).
Then the climbing got serious up the Glen Shee ('Valley of Peace' in Gaelic). It
was a long, demanding climb. You gain 984ft in 6 miles and the last 3 were
exceptionally steep. Finally reached the summit (elevation approx 2,250ft) and saw my first Scottish ski area. Ski Scotland?!? Hmmm... nah!!!
Got a great B&B, a scrubbing, and am looking at a beautiful pint as I compose this. (Excuse me a moment whilst I sample same! Ahhhh! 'Do you know how FINE you are to me, dear Pint?')
This has been 1 of the best days riding I've ever had! And my hosts tell me tomorrow is even better!! Wahoo!!!
So, 51 miles today leaves us 274 to go. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment